About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a wife, a best friend. Sick with CFIDS/ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia since 1975 as a result of a nasty flu while still in grad school, it wasn't until the late '80's that I received a diagnosis. Until that flu I'd never really been ill before. With each year I get progressively worse and add to the bucket load of symptoms I'm living with. I've been blessed with an incredible family and best friend who've stayed with me through my struggles as we continue to find a way out of this monstrous illness and its complications. We've tried seemingly every approach to find my way back to health. Often I think our best weapon in this undesirable and unasked-for adventure has been laughter.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Tidbits: Just Chatter Today!

This one's for my twitter pal, "The Dude" from Wales.

Oh no! How could I possibly forget that it's time for "Friday's Tidbits"?  Well, I called my BFF, whom I'd not actually spoken to in ages (emailing a lot however!), both of us too busy with "life" and we got carried away with an hours-long conversation about everything and nothing - our usual.

So I'm afraid that today's "Friday's Tidbits" will be a bit of a cheat.  Which is right, I suppose, since everyone's long departed for their weekends, but most of all, so many are suffering from the ravages of Sandy.

We've all been busy with Hurricane Sandy - with everyone in the States trying to get in touch with family and friends in the areas hit.  My mom in NJ turned out to be OK, as well as a good life-time friend from Long Island and her extended family.  My heart sank when I heard about what was going on with New York University Hospital because my oldest was born there and we lived just a small block away from there.  Seeing the burned-down houses in Queens hurt because hubby is from there. We got lots of rain, rain and more rain with seemingly unstoppable winds and a huge limb falling off a tree and landing on one of our cars.  They are taking the tree down even as I type this, for fear that the old tree will come down any minute if we get even a breeze.  It snowed just south of us but thankfully we had no snow.

I've decided that my biggest goal in life now is to get to TJ Maxx.  Yes, folk, I have such high aspirations in life now!   I'm slowly getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas by doing a lot of Internet shopping, but most things will need to be returned as they don't suit: hence the goal of TJ Maxx.  Actually, if I'm going to jinx myself, I might as well go on and tell you that my goal is a WEEKLY trip to TJ's!  This from someone who hasn't been out of the house but twice since July, and once was for major surgery???   (Can we all say "delusional"?)  But hopefully I'll feel well enough to get to my surgeon's appointment on Tuesday and once I'm out the door I'm unstoppable!  It'll hopefully be the DMV (there is an extension to getting my driver's licence renewed, hallelujah!), a stop to do my duty and vote, and then TJ Maxx?  Could my life get so exciting???  Could hubby stand the excitement?  Stay tuned to see what drama develops! (Pathetic attempt at humor!)

And I'm happy to report that if you go to my Facebook page you'll see that Labyorkie is safe: she has no way of getting onto this web site but was able to send me a message on the Facebook site, so I'm quite relieved.

So, sorry for the chattiness of today's "post."   It reads more like a letter, but desperate times call for desperate measures and all that....

In the meanwhile, I am keeping positive thoughts and prayers going for those who have been stricken by Hurricane Sandy and hope that people are able to have food, shelter, clothing and heating.  This has been one national disaster that will find many affected for a huge amount of time and I know that all of our hearts go out to those who are suffering such hard times.   Until next time, ciao and paka!  God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment