About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a wife, a best friend. Sick with CFIDS/ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia since 1975 as a result of a nasty flu while still in grad school, it wasn't until the late '80's that I received a diagnosis. Until that flu I'd never really been ill before. With each year I get progressively worse and add to the bucket load of symptoms I'm living with. I've been blessed with an incredible family and best friend who've stayed with me through my struggles as we continue to find a way out of this monstrous illness and its complications. We've tried seemingly every approach to find my way back to health. Often I think our best weapon in this undesirable and unasked-for adventure has been laughter.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Month in Review...




St. Louis' Record Blizzard of 1982, snowed in for a week!

I hate to sound like the old fogie that I am, but really, where has January gone?  It's been an eventful month. In fact, so eventful that I've barely blogged. (Eye roll!)

I came down with bronchitis this past week.  Now I'm on antibiotics and strict bed rest. I'm a bit grumpy because I had so hoped to start in on trying to declutter the house.  Darn it!  

However, I'm thrilled I got that pneumonia vaccine last year.  (And no, I don't get the flu shot, in case anyone wonders.)  I've had three occasions when my bronchitis turned into near-fatal cases of pneumonia, hence the vaccine many years ago.  My last bout of kinda-weak pneumonia last year reminded me that it was time for another pneumonia vaccine. Thus far, fingers crossed that the bronchitis doesn't go any further. 

My rheumy had warned me that I probably wasn't ready to get that colonoscopy I talked about in a previous post about "Cookbook Medicine."  Yes, the prep was easy (for me! we're all different!) but the aftermath was awful.  I already had the shakes and shivers to an alarming degree and they've gotten worse.  Now I'm adding the word "vibrating."  My whole body feels as if it's vibrating and that the house is shaking.  I have huge sweats, run fever then shiver: often it feels like what I imagine malaria feels like.  My mouth gets full of bumps and ulcers.  When I mentioned this to my rheumy and said I hadn't heard of anything about the after-effects, he started laughing and said, "Irene, they don't see the after-effects. I do!"  Yes, he was right. I probably did go in for that colonoscopy when I was still too weak from all those hospitalizations and ER runs in the fall, but I'm glad we can cross a problem with my colon off my list of red herrings.

Continuing along: as always in January, our movie-obsessed family has been following the award shows and we look forward to the Oscars, which won't be telecast until March this year.  Hey!  One of the only ways I get through the holiday season is because I know that the Oscars will soon follow.  You know: it's the dangling carrot.

I've seen one movie which really and truly moved me.  I'd never heard of it before, but after watching it, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  It's Dallas Buyer's Club and I think that anyone who has a chronic illness, which no one understands, will find the movie especially fascinating and on many levels.  Had I not seen it, I'd have thought all the accolades and awards which Matthew McConaughey has received thus far were because he'd lost so much weight to play the role.  I'd have been wrong.  He was incredible in the part.  Jared Leto hands in a marvelous and multi-layered performance.  The script, story and writing is amazing.  Need I say more?  Don't make me: I want you to be pleasantly surprised.  

Notably for me: I became a grandmother, finally!  (Excuse me as I do the happy dance - in my head, silly!)  To say we're delighted is an understatement.  After a very rocky few months, Baby Aiden was born.  Once he arrived home yesterday, and after a good quick nap by babe, mum and dad, hubs and I got to talk to Baby Aiden via Skype.  He's a nice, quiet baby - as long as he's not hungry and is not cold. But a funny thing happened. Whenever he's uncovered he starts to cry.  But once I started talking to him, he would quiet down. I hadn't noticed it, but my son had.  And - jumping for joy - my son was right.  Each time I stopped talking to the baby he'd start crying again.  My, my!  Aren't I the won-over Babushka! 

I did read a book this month that I really enjoyed and wanted to pass along the title. It's Fanny Flagg's The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion: A Novel.  I think it's her best book since Fried Green Tomatoes.  The best part may perhaps be that it's a very easy read for those of us who have a hard time concentrating - or remembering - because of brain-fog.  The story is involved but in a slow, sweet ice tea way on a hot summer day. You know how the outside of the glass gets iced and as your hand melts the frosty outside, the water streams down, zig-zaggy?  There's heartbreak but there are laughs, just like life. I'm not going to tell you what it's about.  Just check it out.  I don't think many will regret reading it.  

And I guess that's a wrap for January.

As always, I hope everyone is feeling their best - only better.  Ciao and paka! 



(Did you enjoy this post?  Please subscribe to my blog and you'll never miss another one again. It's easy: follow the directions on the upper right-hand corner of this page. And BTW: I'll never sell, share or rent your contact information. I don't even know where to find it, so fear not: it's a firm promise!)


64 comments:

  1. SO happy for you!! Congrats! I wish the baby a long life of great health, happiness, peace of mind, generosity of spirit and incredible memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautifully said, Melissa (of course!). Thanks so much. xxx

      Delete
    2. Dr Osato herbal medicine cures herpes within two weeks. I just tested negative for Genital herpes after using Dr Osato herbal meds for two weeks! To place an order and get yours today visit his website osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com or email him at OSATOHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM or WhatsApp +2347051705853.

      Delete
  2. Once again congrats on Baby Aiden, hopefully someday I'll be a grandma myself! Going to see if my library has that book, you've peaked my interest, I loved Fried Green Tomatos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie. And I hope you enjoy the book. Let me know. Thanks! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Irene, Going mad again! Thought I commented on your most recent post only to find out it was the one before this! Thanks for the book and film recommendations.

    Take care, Alpa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene, Have been thinking of you. Take care, Alpa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irene! I'm Heather and I have a quick question about your blog I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
    cara mengobati payudara bengkak
    obat pururigo di apotik
    Harga Sarang Semut Kapsul Papua
    cara mengobati kanker Kolorektal
    obat pururigo pada anak
    obat kejang demam pada anak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your article had provided me with another point of view on this topic. I had absolutely no concept that things can possibly work on this manner as well. Thank you for sharing your opinion

    cara menghilangkan bekas koreng
    cara mengobati infeksi ginjal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
    Obat Batuk Rejan Di Apotik
    Obat Rorombeheun Di Apotik
    Obat Pembersih Usus Di Apotik
    Cara Mengobati Kaki rayapan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,Lupus,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal. ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was diagnose April 17,2015 and find out I'm HIV positive.I was scared because there is no cure for HIV/AIDS but today some people still don't believe that there is cure for HIV, it can only be cured through Africans root and herbs,and our doctor's here in USA few of them know about the African herbal medicine can cure Hiv but they chooses to hide it from us just to make a sales of medical expertise. I did a research online finding way to get rid of my disease,I saw a comment about a herbal doctor on internet Name Dr itua ,who has cured several disease with his powerful herbal medicine, I contacted him on whats-app, chat with him explain my self to him.He said he can cure hiv perfectly well , he gave me his request which i send to him. within 5 days he sent me the herbal medicine through ups courier delivering service And told me how to take the medicine for 2 weeks to get cured,I did for 2 weeks, within this 7 days  i notice a very big change in my health and i new some thing great has happened then i went to confirm my result after finishing the herbal medicine for two weeks it was absolutely negative.The doctor who new i was hiv positive was asking me how come i am negative, what did it took to get cure and were did i get this medicine from and how did i get rid of it I told him every thing about the herbal medicine that cure me. imagine doctor telling me not to let anyone know about it,I wasn't shock though i knew they know about the herbal cure but chose to hide it in other to make sales on medicals expertise,if you are HIV positive Or other disease such as,Sickle Cell,Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,HypertensionFatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease,.. please contact my savior drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or WHATSAPP number +2348149277976.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good day everyone I want take this opportunity to tell people and share the good thing ever happened to me, I was suffering with a ve dangerous disease untill I saw a lady testify about DR abolo herbal home and I decided to write to him because I was hopeless my doctor says to me that I have no chance of surviving my presence condition and I contact him he sent medicine to and used it in two weeks and he ask to me to go to my doctor and have a test I went there for my greatest surprised there were no trace of my disease in my system that why I was so excited and I decided to share to to the people out there who thinks that all hope is lost please do yourself a favor and try DR abolo herbal home it's worth it . contact dr abolo: EMAIL: draboloherbalhome@gmail.com or call/whatsapp +2347044725611. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete

  12. Nothing can compare the joy in my heart for being free from this terrible disease Herpes, for a long time i suffer from it not until i saw a review on how Dr Onuwa someone from Herpes. I contact him and bought his herbal medicine, surprisingly for me i was cured.no problem that Dr.ONUWA can’t solve. HIS MAIL ADDRESS____ DRONUWA2@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348115914591 cure and also beware of scams Good Luck He cure listed diseases CANCER HEPATITIS A AND B DIABETIC. HIV

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dr Osato herbal medicine cures herpes within two weeks. I just tested negative for Genital herpes after using Dr Osato herbal meds for two weeks! To place an order and get yours today visit his website osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com or email him at OSATOHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM or WhatsApp +2347051705853.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Powerful Herbal treatment is a 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe in medical reports, drugs and medical treatments which are not helpful to cure HSV and haven't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr Agbomina. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr Agbomina natural herbs helped save me from Genital herpes permanently and I am so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful African Herbalist Dr Agbomina on contact Dr Agbomina through his email; dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via: +2348050495479.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ordered for a herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, after taken the medicine as instructed, i went for check up and the result shows negative and i was treated of this deadly disease within a 2 week, I am now free from Herpes. You can contact him ……………((Robinsonbucler@gmail))com

    GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES
    HPV
    WEAK ERECTION
    BRING BACK EX LOVER
    HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    COLD SORE
    SHINGLES
    FIBROID
    INFERTILITY…..
    PREGNANCY PROBLEM
    CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck to anyone reading this, I Was Diagnosed With type 1&2 Herpes Virus Last year, And I Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr Oso Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr Oso I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me, I Started using the medication For My Health. He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of These Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative. My Brother And Sister I Know There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr Oso To Help You Too, And Help Me To Thank Dr Oso For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. Oso Herbal Medicine, His Contact Email: drosohaberhome@gmail.com Or Cell WhatsApp Number +2348162084839 thank you

    Here is the dr website.....
    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    you can also contact me for more info about Dr Oso maryjohnson9700@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello everyone, sharing this testimony is my greatest happiness also to let every patient know there is cure to get rid of human papillomavirus. I was once a HPV patient for a very long time. I have been taking medications because my doc in Canada told me there is no cure except pills to control it which I have been taking. Until I found a faithful and truthful herbalist who finally cured me with herbal remedy. Everything about the virus was gone, my genital warts I have been trying to remove, they all cleared off. Here is the herbalist information to reach him via : oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348101755322 his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome. Dr Oyagu is great and very kind to every patient. He also Cure 1.HIV/AIDS
    2.HERPES
    3 CANCER of all kind
    4.HSV 1&2
    5.Herpatitis B
    6.Diabetes

    ReplyDelete