About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a wife, a best friend. Sick with CFIDS/ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia since 1975 as a result of a nasty flu while still in grad school, it wasn't until the late '80's that I received a diagnosis. Until that flu I'd never really been ill before. With each year I get progressively worse and add to the bucket load of symptoms I'm living with. I've been blessed with an incredible family and best friend who've stayed with me through my struggles as we continue to find a way out of this monstrous illness and its complications. We've tried seemingly every approach to find my way back to health. Often I think our best weapon in this undesirable and unasked-for adventure has been laughter.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Update: Starting the New Year with a Prayer!


The New Year started auspiciously with me, I'm afraid.  I was too ill to do a "Friday Tidbits" this week.  I was too exhausted and weak, and I couldn't get myself out of bed no matter how much I tried.  Heck, I was having problems just typing on my iPad in bed!

I've several topics I've wanted to write about but have been too sick to go there.  I'm feeling so very "frail" and "fragile," terms I loathe and which I've never applied to myself until just recently.  But the shakes and the shivers come on all day long, giving me a fifteen minute break here and there.   This is without the usual "stuff" of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia, of course.

However, we've had a family crisis come up which seems to make all the other crises going on in our family "small potatoes."  Without getting too specific, our daughter-in law and middle child are expecting a baby, due on February 14.  Because the mother-to-be started running a high BP she needed to be admitted to the hospital.  The latest news is that due to other complications she'll need a C-section and the doctor is going to try to delay the delivery until next week.

I always feel funny asking anyone for prayers or positive thoughts sent out to anyone on my behalf, but I guess this is the sort of thing a first-time grandmother-to-be ends up doing.  The fact that they are literally halfway around the world in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia isn't helping.  I'm frustrated because I'm too ill to fly out to help - after all, I did manage to go to their wedding in the summer of 2012.

I'm afraid this is all I'm capable of doing at the moment.   Hang in there, baby boy.  Keep strong my dear daughter-in -law.  You're doing a good job, my own baby boy, who is now a man.

As always, I hope everyone is doing their best, only better!   Ciao and paka.


14 comments:

  1. Dear Irene my thoughts hopes & prayers are with you all. My wedding anniversary Feb 14 it will work out it has got too, you need some joy your body is putting you through so much you need this. You hang in there too tough cookie. Love and hugs xxxx Soph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sophie. The prayers are truly appreciated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You will have a healthy grandbaby and your son and daughter-in-law will be great! All positive thoughts are coming your way.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha! You're always such a source of support for me and it's always appreciated. xx

      Delete
  4. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I'm sure they will do all they can to help keep them both safe and I'm sure your son knows from years of experience of when people need to be hospitalized to help them should anything happen before the scheduled c section, which they clearly think is the safest option. Hold tight Irene and soon you will be a Grandma and can start pestering your son to come over and visit you.
    Keep strong Irene,and lots of positive thoughts. I hope you start to feel much better soon aswell.
    Sian xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Sian. Yes, can't wait until I can pester them! ;) Thank you for your sweet words and support, sweetie. So wonderful to have heard from you & so many others, here and on twitter. Wonderful support system & I am cautiously confident that everyone's prayers & good wishes must do good! Healing hugs. xx

      Delete
  5. Dear Irene,

    It never rains but it pours! So sorry you are going through this. Will keep you in my thought and prayers and all will be well.

    Hope all goes ok with your colonoscopy. Not sure when it is but thinking of you.

    Take care, Alpa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Alpa. The colonoscopy is on the 9th. What joy! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Irene,
    I had "googled" the question: "Is an elevated sed rate normal for CFS patients?" and hit your site. Just wanted to say.... excellent writing and information. I hope that you sent a letter to the IOM for their perusal. I had sudden onset in '94 and had to quit my nurse manager career in '99 and have lived alone since while keeping abreast of all that is pertinent to CFS/FM as much as I am able. Fortunately, my nursing career allows me to understand most research articles (likely better at least) than a "layperson" ( a person with CFS lying in their bed). Ha! Anyway, thanks for the detailed info re: sed rates. I have signed up for your blogs. marcie myers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully given the smoothness in getting sustenance
    Obat Kapsul Untuk Rematik

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,Lupus,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal. ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete